Make your pancake smile for mental health awareness
Mental Health Ireland promotes positive mental health and what better way to do that than with a smile. This is a smile with a difference though, we want you with your friends, family or colleagues to make your pancake smile on Pancake Tuesday and text MHI to 50300 to donate €4 to Mental Health Ireland.
We are asking everyone eating a pancake on Pancake Tuesday, 28th February, to have a bit of fun and dress it with a smile. To get involved in the #smileypancake campaign just follow these simple five steps.
- Make or buy your pancake…. We won’t judge either way!
- Make your pancake smile using fruit, Nutella, peanut butter, savoury fillings… the list is endless…. Get creative!
- Photograph your #smileypancake creation with your phone
- Upload it to which ever social media site you use be it Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the all-important #smileypancake tag, and then…
- We would be very grateful if you could text MHI to 50300 to donate €4 to Mental Health Ireland or if your local Mental Health Association is hosting an event please support it by donating directly.
Don’t forget to add #smileypancake in your post and if you did donate please include it and let your friends and followers know or nominate three people to join in the fun!
You can read Dr Malie Coyne’s blog on why it’s so important to surround yourself with ‘warm people’ and how a smile can be a source of someone else’s joy and also a source of your own.
Martin Rogan, CEO of Mental Health Ireland said:
“Let’s encourage everyone to get involved on Tuesday 28th February. Every smile invites another one in return so this Pancake Tuesday we’d like you to have some fun making your pancake smile with family, friends or colleagues”.
The money raised nationally will help fund Mental Health Ireland promote positive mental health and wellbeing in schools via a number of projects.
To donate €4 to Mental Health Ireland please text MHI to 50300 or you can donate by Cheque or Paypal.