Start your Facebook Fundraiser
Facebook Fundraising is a fun and effective way to raise money and awareness for Mental Health Ireland. Facebook fundraisers make it easy to support friends, family and the causes that are important to you such as mental health.
We receive 100% of all donations made on this platform directly, donations are tax deductible, we can track and promote your fundraiser and thank your supporters along the way!
Facebook Fundraising is still our most popular platform, with our supporters using Facebook to donate their Birthdays, and host other fundraisers like runs, danceathons, virtual challenges and many more.
Did you know that in 2020 alone, our supporters raised more than €200 thousand on Facebook Fundraiser for Mental Health Ireland!
Create your own Facebook Fundraiser
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed. You may need to click See More.
- Click + Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit or Charity.
- Select Mental Health Ireland, fill in the fundraiser details and choose a cover photo.
- Click Create.
Click here for more information on how to set up a Facebook Fundraiser.
If you need any help with setting up your Facebook Fundraiser, get in touch with us at email@example.com
1. Make your Birthday even more meaningful. Every day more than 45 million people give birthday wishes on Facebook so what a meaningful way to give back! Two weeks before your birthday, you will see a message from Facebook in your News Feed giving you the option to create a fundraiser for your birthday. You can then choose to create a fundraiser for Mental Health Ireland on Facebook. Your friends will receive a notification inviting them to support the cause in honour of your special day. You can set the amount you’re aiming to achieve and share your story about why you’re supporting Mental Health Ireland.
2. Set yourself a virtual challenge. This kind of fundraiser is very popular on Facebook. You can set your own goals and targets, share updates of your milestones and progress and engage with supporters along with way. Some of the virtual challenges we’ve seen in aid of Mental Health Ireland include sea dips, runs and walks, skipathons, Giving Tuesday, delicious bake sales, and so many more. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat more about a virtual challenge you have in mind.
3. Join an MHI fundraising campaign. From the 5,000 Steps to Wellbeing to fundraising with your workplace, we have you covered if you’re stuck with ideas! Check out our fundraising activities that run throughout the year here