Recovery Education Facilitator (Person with Lived Experience)
Community Healthcare East (CHO 6) and ARCHES Recovery College
1 specified purpose contract – 24 months part time (15 hours per week) at HSE Grade III, Point 3, October 2020 Pay Scale € 26,615 pro rata. Initial 15-hour contracts will be offered with the potential to offer contracts for different hours per week in the future.
PLEASE QUOTE REFERENCE NUMBER 2024-002 WITH YOUR APPLICATION. EMAIL ONLY PLEASE.
The continued development of recovery orientated services is a key priority of mental health services. The development of the Framework for Recovery in Mental Health 2018 – 2020 sets out an understanding of recovery and recovery orientated services, the core values that underpin it, and the actions and measures that support such a service. This is also in line with Mental Health Ireland’s strategy – Mental Health for All – Hope, Strength, and Action (2022- 2024) Priority Area 1, Objective 1.
Mental Health Ireland is partnering with HSE Community Healthcare East to develop, deliver, and embed Recovery Education across Dublin South East, Cluain Mhuire, and East Wicklow Mental Health Service. The advertised roles play an integral part in supporting the achievement of this aim.
Central to this is (i) offering a full programme of Recovery Education courses for service users and their family members, careers, and supporters every 3 months and (ii) educating and supporting clinicians to deliver recovery orientated mental health services.
The Recovery Education Facilitator will support the development and delivery of Recovery Education in Community Healthcare East by:
• Co-facilitating the delivery of a wide range of Recovery Education courses.
• Leading the co-production of Recovery Education courses.
• Planning and co-ordinating the co-production and co-delivery of Recovery Education to specific groups, in specific locations.
• Working under the direction of the Recovery Coordinator (Dr Donal O’Keeffe).
• Participating as a person with Lived Experience in Recovery initiatives with the HSE and community partners.
To be eligible to apply for these posts, you must have:
• A commitment to recovery informed by relevant lived experience or family member mental health experience.
• Strong and demonstrable experience of group facilitation or similar engagement processes with service users and family members, carers, supporters, and clinicians as relevant to this role.
This position is a 24 month fixed term contract and a hybrid post (with work being conducted both online and in relevant HSE Community Healthcare East locations).
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the position along with your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Download the full Job Description below.
Closing date for applications is 22nd December 2023 at 12 midday. Applications received outside this time with not be considered. Shortlisting will be carried out based on the information received in your CV and letter of application.
Informal inquiries can be made to Recovery Coordinator (Dr Donal O’Keeffe) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be held on week commencing 8th January 2024. Please ensure to include the relevant Job Reference Number 2024-002 in your letter of application and CV.