All donated money will support Mental Health Ireland’s education, information and research projects.
The 5,000 Steps is an opportunity for you, your family and friends come together to learn about the Five Ways to Wellbeing whilst connecting and enjoying a stroll together – while staying safe and adhering to Covid-19 public health guidelines.
- Connect: Spend some meaningful time with others or connect with nature without screens or other distractions!
- Be active: Get moving to boost your mood and reduce your stress levels.
- Take notice: Stay present in the here and now and see what you can notice when out walking. Take a few moments to tune into the nature around you – birds singing, the colour of trees changing colour for autumn, as well as your thoughts and feelings. Being more aware of the world around us can help us enjoy life more and understand ourselves better.
- Keep learning: Learn about the Five Ways to Wellbeing on your walk! Learn about yourself, and those around you. Learn something new about nature that day. The choices are endless!
- Give: Give yourself that time out to enjoy some fresh air and movement. Give yourself the gift of a better mood. Give back to your community by organising a walk.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com to get your 5,000 Steps to Wellbeing pack and t shirts if you plan to support Mental Health Ireland on the day.