World Mental Health Day takes place on the October 10th 2019, and the theme this year is Suicide Prevention.
Research shows there are simple things you can do as part of your daily life to protect and improve your mental health.
Connecting is one of the ways you can do this.
This World Mental Health Day, Mental Health Ireland is encouraging you to Connect as one way to nurture and enhance your own mental health. You can do this by;
- Connecting with yourself – notice how you are feeling, take some time to connect with your own thoughts and feelings and how these might affect your mental health and wellbeing;
- Connecting with others – smile at a stranger, say thank you to a colleague, or have a chat with family or friends;
- Connecting with your community – organise a work lunch, get to know your neighbours, join a new group, or check in with people and ask how they really are.
We will be hosting a Connect Café from 1:00pm – 2:00pm on World Mental Health Day, October 10th.
We’re calling on you to connect with others across the country by hosting your own Connect Café.
- When: October 10th, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Where: You choose your own location
- How: Download your own Host your own Connect Cafe pack
The goal of the Connect Café is to open up conversations and strengthen the connection with yourself, with others and with your community.
Bring your very own Connect Café to your workplace, club, community or home, by downloading our step-by-step Guide here: Host your own Connect Cafe pack
For queries, please contact our Communications team: email@example.com
Enjoy, and get connecting!